We have been working up all the land that didn’t get seeded. The weeds were becoming somewhat overwhelming, and it would make it really hard to seed next spring. First I drove around with the disk and broke it all up. That took forever since the disk is only just barely wider than the tractor. Now I am doing it all again with the cultivator, which is twice as wide. Hooray.
The last couple of days have been annoying, however, since I had a flat tire both Monday and Tuesday. Then one of the shovels fell off for no particular reason on Monday as well. Today, the whole front wheel assembly on the cultivator just decided that now would be a good time to break, and off it came. (Oh, and I had a flat tire again.) The welds holding the steel tubing together broke, and although I noticed pretty much right away, it still managed to jam itself up against a shovel. I imagine that tomorrow one of the wings will just come right off too.