We are practically finished seeding. Hooray! Barring any unfortunate mud issues, we should be done by midnight. Of course, we couldn’t actually seed everything, because of severe mud issues, but you can’t say we didn’t try. If we were able to actually get across the field, there are a couple more dry patches that could be seeded, but you can’t get there.
I did make an ill-fated attempt to reach one dry spot this afternoon. It did not work out exactly as I had hoped that it would. Meaning, it ended with the drill being quite stuck. Those silly front wheels are no help at all. They just push all the mud up, and make it impossible to drive. Also, in the 2-3 minutes it took me to call Dad, get out of the tractor and see how stuck I was, there was already a puddle behind one wheel in the rut. A puddle that came out of the ground. That proves just how little we need the rain that is apparently arriving tomorrow.