Plane ride.

So the first day of our trip was entirely consumed by flights.  This is pretty much what you would expect when you cross the continent in one day.  We only had one connection, in Toronto, and as we stood in the customs line and there was only 3 customs officers working, out of about 20 booths, we thought maybe we wouldn’t make it.  The officers were being kind of slow, even though there was a lot of people there, and people in the line were becoming cranky.  Complaining, although it was entertaining to us, does not really speed up the pace of the line.  Then they kept letting people go ahead of us, whose flights were actually boarding right then.  We still had a good 30 minutes before ours boarded.  So there we stood at the front of line, while they kept calling flight numbers.

We did finally get through, and another customs officer showed up and went way faster than the other two, which apparently spurred them to be faster, so we got to our gate before it even started boarding.  We didn’t get time to eat though, and since we hadn’t eaten since we left Calgary, we were starting to get a little hungry.  So we bought food on the plane.  Pizza, to be precise.  And it was tasty, and relatively reasonably priced, amazingly enough.


About Kathy

I'm a twenty-something who loves animals, farming, photography and cooking/baking. Luckily enough, photography works really well with the other three subjects, so I carry my camera around practically everywhere. Other than that, my life is pretty uneventful.
This entry was posted in Food, Trips and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s